Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Letter-Writing Project





Before I left for Luzerne, I was digging through an old desk drawer and stumbled across the address book I took there as a student 8 years ago.  It was part of my letter writing box, as we didn't have phone or internet access during the camp, and were only allowed to communicate via snail-mail.  I never used the book much (we just exchanged email addresses and aim names), but I never got rid of it because it had amazing pictures of telephones from all over the world decorating its pages.  Coming across it now, and still thinking it's really cool, I decided to undo the binding, cut out the pictures, and use them as envelope liners.  And the letter-writing project began!  I packed the same letter writing box I used 8 years ago, started making my own envelopes (each one different from the other), and am busy popping them in the mail.  Send me your address!  I would love to share some handwritten stories with you.

2 comments:

  1. you could try writing a letter to an address from eight years ago. and keep your eyes on YOUR mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, by the way. pkp is pettermint patty. peppermint patty is tricia. tricia is patricia kirkpatrick, pkp.

    ReplyDelete