Sunday, July 8, 2012

Ink and Wood




The heat wave that's been hitting us finally ended!  I worked outside almost every day during a week of average temperatures above 100 degrees.  I actually had a heat rash for a couple of days, which hasn't happened to me since I was about five years old.  Craziness. Attempts to stay cool included swimming, hitting the movie theater, eating black licorice ice cream, sleeping in the AC, and avoiding too many outdoor activities, which left time for indoor crafts.  During all that time of heat and NO rain, I started daydreaming about wild storms and adventures, and using paintbrush and ink to doodle away the hours :)





4 comments:

  1. black licorice ice cream?! s'like my dream combo! you are dandelion wine, my dear cousin love.

    also, um... is that some sort of monoprint or a direct painting?? xo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the ice cream was soooo good! i will eat more of it this summer for sure. what's a monoprint? this is just free-hand painting :0

    ReplyDelete
  3. aah! you are so frackin' talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. maureen, I love your blog! it's perfect. just like you!

    ReplyDelete