Monday, March 31, 2014

The Handmade Object




I've been taking ceramic courses this year at school and really enjoying it.  I always love working with my hands, but with ceramics, it is additionally exciting to imagine a physical object or particular shape, and then figure out how to make it a reality.  I'm not very advanced at this point, so everything I imagine is happening at a fairly simple level.  Still though, it is a surprisingly thrilling sensation to eat and drink out of a vessel, knowing that I created it!

My professor this semester is really hounding us to churn out a large number of items, more than I will ever be able to keep...so...I'm going to have a sale at the end of the semester! In person, here in Lexington, but also if out-of-towners really want a few handmade items, we could discuss shipping.  I'm letting you all know in advance because if anyone is interested in a personalized or specific type of object (but think within a cup/bowl framework for now), I would be happy to fill the order.  Leave a comment below or email me at mkelly210@gmail.com, and we can talk about it.

:)
xomo











No comments:

Post a Comment