Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Up


 


The other day I was thinking that I spend a lot of time looking up here - clouds dotting the sky, moon and stars, where the tops of the pines reach their fingers into oblivion.  It's so open and interrupted, and it's good to find yourself by getting lost in the expanse.  Yesterday it was really nice out and I wrote this silly little verse about it:

Up
I gaze, into the sky
At the clouds, I turn my eye
Adventure beckons - my mind's aflight
Here I leave my earthly plight.
A smiling cow, a spouting whale
There's a ship in full-blown sail.

I hope I never see the day
Where sky is not a place for play.
When all seems down and turned around,
Up is where I find my ground!






3 comments:

  1. Maureen, these photos are beautiful! Thank you for sharing them along with your well phrased words. Hope you are doing well and that we see one another before you leave Luzerne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Kirstin Peltz by the way....hahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mrs Peltz! Things are going well here; we miss seeing you guys around and will definitely plan on paying you a visit before heading home!

    ReplyDelete