Friday, August 31, 2012

Biker-Friendly






Before I moved to Lexington I'd been hearing that it was not a bike-friendly city and I had to have a car.  Eek, gross.  The responsibility of a car right now is the bane of my existence.  Ok, that's a slight exaggeration, because I don't even have to pay for parking here (Lexington has a pretty low cost of living), but overall a car just strikes me as a money pit.  Anyway, it turns out that that Lexington seems pretty hospitable to bikers!  Sure, it could be better, but it could also be much worse.  School, grocery stores, restaurants, coffee shops...all within easy distance, and reasonable drivers on the road.  Woo!  Photos above are of some sweet rides, a bike shop I ride past on my way to school advertising the awesome-ness of Wisconsin, and my favorite detail on my orange Gitane - a miniature coat of arms with a ship. 





No comments:

Post a Comment